How do you edit menus from within Edline?
Menus in Edline are nothing but folders. Anything you add to a specific folder ends up showing on the menu.
1. Log into Edline.
2. Navigate to your class. You cannot edit any page that does not give you permissions to edit. Your class page is one that you should be able to edit.
3. If you have the right permissions you should now see the "Edit this Page" button. Click it. If you don't see this button then you need to contact your network/Edline superuser to see if they will give you the rights.
4. Now hover your mouse cursor over the menu that you would like to edit. There are two options. My preference is to use the "Edit" pencil icon. Click it.
5. From this scree you can add documents and other folders using the "Add" button. Click the "Edit" buttons to edit specific parts of your folder/menu.
6. If you want to move, delete, change the visibility to others or change the order of your items, make a check mark next to the item you want to manipulate and then click the appropriate button.
7. In this tutorial we are going to change the visibility of an item. Click the "Change Visibility" button. From this screen you can decide who you actually want to see your menu items. In other words if you have a document that you only want teachers to see, you can deselect all the items and leave a check mark next to the "Teachers" option. If you have a document that you only want yourself and a specific user to see, you can play with the "Private" options.
8. If you want to make this item completely invisible, or show and disappear at certain times, just select the appropriate option. Once you are done, click the "Update" button.
9. You should now be back to the list view. Click the "Done" button.
10. You should now be back at your home page. Click the "Done" button and this should take you out of the "Edit" mode.