Below are instructions on how to add contacts to groups in Google Apps.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Apps account.
2. Click on the "Contacts" option at the top of your screen.
3. Search for the name that you want to add. Hit the search button. If the name you are looking for is already one of your contacts you should see the names with "Brian" start to appear. If you haven't entered them in yet you will need to hit the search button. (Magnifying Glass icon)
4. You should now see a list of all the names that meet the search criteria. In this case here are all the "Brians" in our domain.
5. Click on the name that you want to add to your group.
6. Click on the "Groups" button, in this example I am placing "Brian Weir" into the "All District" group, so I click the "All District" option.