If you haven't had a chance to play with Smart Notebook's Instant Checker Tool, then you should give it a try. With the checker tool you can create some questions as well as possible answers and then when the correct answer is dragged into the instant checker tool, it will get validated. When the student's choice is incorrect it will be checked off as incorrect. Play some games and get your students interacting with technology inside your classroom in the upcoming school year. Below is a tutorial on how to create an activity using the instant checker tool.
1. After starting your Smart Notebook, click on the "Gallery" tab and then using the search box type in "checker tool" and hit enter.
2. Click on the "Interactive and Multimedia" tab and then drag the "Checker Tool" onto your page.
3. Add a question to the page.
4. Add some choices. Each choice needs to be a separate text box so that your students can drag them separately.
5. Once you have your choices up click the "Edit Object" arrows.
6. Type in the correct answer. Make sure you spell it and type it in correctly. Otherwise your correct answer will not come out correctly when your students drag them.
7. When the incorrect answer is dragged a red "x" will appear.
8. If your students drag in the right answer a green check mark will appear. Notice that only part of the answer is showing. I haven't been able to find out how to make it longer. I can use the bottom right handle to make the box appear bigger, but the text still did not fit. This is a glitch I hope an update will fix. Your students will get the idea and will love the chance to use your Smartboard to demonstrate their knowledge to the class.