Embed HTML Code
- Go to the site from which you want to use code for your own web page.
- In this example I am going to use Youtube (NOTE: If you embed Youtube, your student’s will still not be able to see it on campus, but should be able to view it from home). Most interactive site now a days have an embed code located somewhere.
- It will actually say “Embed” or “Share” somewhere on the site.
i. Note that the “URL” is another way to get the address to the site you are using.
- Right Click on the “Embed” line.
- Select “Copy”
- Once you have the Embed Code copies go to your Edline website or Moodle Site. I will demonstrate both.
- In Edline.
- Log in
- Navigate to your class.
- Under “Command Center” click on the “Manage Class” link
i. (NOTE: These instructions show you how to embed an object on your front page. You can also embed them in your calendar or on an assignment within Edline.)
- In the “Description” section click on the “HTML” button.
- Paste the code into the HTML box that opened up.
- Click the “Update” button found at the bottom of the box.
- Scroll to the bottom of your page and click on the “Save” button.
- You should now see your embedded object. In this case a Youtube video.