Tech Tip for Google Chrome: Download location
As a default when download a document in google chrome (this is the google web browser), it gets downloaded to the “Download” folder. Most people are used to being asked where to download documents and whatnot in Internet Explorer. If you are using Chrome then here are some steps for you to use is you want to be asked where to download files to.
- Make sure you are in Google Chrome.
- Click on the “Wrench” icon found in the upper right hand corner of your browser.
- Select the “Options” option.
- Choose the “Under the Bonnet” option on the left hand side of your screen.
- Click on the “Ask where to save each file before downloading” check box
- That is all there is to it. There is no “save” in google chrome to save your settings. You are now ready to get a “Save as” dialogue box.