Work Station Preferences
Following these tips and suggestions can help tailor your work station to your specific needs and feel of your gradebook.
- Click on the “Edit” option from your menu then select the “Workstation Preferences” option.
- The first preference, “Startup” determines what happens when you first log into your gradebook.
- The “Do Nothing” option will just take you directly into gradebook without opening anything.
- The “Select a Class” option will open a box with all of your classes listed an you can select which class you want to go to.
- The “Update Rosters Daily” option will update your rosters every time you log into your gradebook.
- The “Display” option allows you to change the font style of what you see in your gradebook.
- The “Message” option give you some great ways to get some important reminders.
- Leave the “Prompt at quit to export to PASS information unchecked.
- I would check the “Prompt at quit to export Edline Information” This allows you to get a message when you log off to export to edline.
- I would leave the “Prompt at quit to run backup” option unchecked as long as you have the “Auto-backup” checked.
- The “Prompt when duplicating a postable assignment is probably a good one to have checked. This will let you know when you have more than one calculation that you are planning on exporting to SchoolMaster.
- Make sure that you have the “Auto-Backup” checked. To configure your automatic backups click this link. Autobackups.
- I haven’t played with the Data Entry option, but you can play with it to see what’s up.